Wife and Weekend Football

|
Weekend nights are great because that's when I lay back, sit comfortably on my sofa and watch football. That has always been the agenda even before I got married. But now that I'm married, though things haven't changed that much for me in terms of my weekend program, the agenda has an addition...my wife.

Watching football is not something that my wife yearn for every weeknight. But being a good loyal wife, and considering we only have one TV, she submits to my yearning instead.

Watching football with her can be described in one word--fun.

Here are some of the "football" related comments she made while we were watching the Everton v Manchester United clash last night:

"Uih ensem dia ni..." ~ referring to Mikel Arteta an undoubtedly handsome guy playing for Everton.

"rambut cam jebobok..." ~ referring to Maroune Fellaini the Everton hero that night.

"Eh! Dia smack the ass, gay ke apa?" ~ Van Der Sar smacked Vidic's ass as a show of support.

"E'eh cam amek anak jer...taa-te, taa-te" ~ Van Der Sar was picking up the ball at the edge of his box

"nama dia Yobo?" ~ She can't accept that Yobo is a name.

"ni bukan main bola ni" ~ Players were tackling religiously, as you would expect in football matches.

"asyik trip, trip, trip..." ~ She still can't accept that the players were tackling each other.

"Woah! Pening gila mata, macam nak juling...bola tu wuuu~" ~ The ball was moving fast from one player to another.

"Aih!! Woah woah....Eeee hihi, air liur dia terkeluar..." ~ Ronaldo had a chance to score but he squandered. Then he did the obligatory spitting but didn't do it that elegantly I suppose.

"Muka petak...Eeee tak kacak.." ~ Of Ronaldo. Try telling that to thousands of his female fans.

"haa masuk, masuk, masuk!!!" Funny. Though it's normal for fans to say this, but the fact that the ball wasn't even near the goal (still way outside the box) and no chance was actually in sight, I don't know why she screamed so.

"Oish! Woah...tut tut tut...apsal referee tu?" I can't remember why she said this or what is up with the "tut tut tut"...but I'm sure she has her reasons.

"Uih! haha that's so funny. Terapit jebobok tu kat bawah..." Vidic and Fellaini were fighting an aerial battle. Fellaini lost the battle, evidently.

"Eh...Owh dear God!" Can't remember why.

"Kerow gila...kaki pengka ni..." Referring to Ronaldo's miss. It was in fact an easy chance.

"Eeee hihi nampak...." James Vaughan was about to come on from the substitute bench, and I guess as the pants were too tight, she saw the caged birdie *wink wink*.

"Yakubu? Haha best gila nama...Yobo, Yakubu..." She has little knowledge of African name I guess...Still can't accept Yobo's.

"Uih, apa ni, nak bertumbuk" Tough tackling is forbidden in my wife's version of football.

"Diorang balancing diorang...boleh amek ballet" Apparently the players didn't fall easily.

"Eh apa ni? Naan eh nama dia...(I said, Nani)...Nani? Cam nama orang perempuan..." Haha just funny.

"Eh rambut dia ada ekor. Cam ekor naga..." I think she referred to Arteta again, the handsome lad just now.

"Eh apa masalahnya? Kenapa orang pandang-pandang ni?" Apparently watching other players is also a foul in my wife's version of football.

Those are some of the weird football related comments she gave. Those were only comments made throughout 30 minutes of football! Can't wait to watch the Arsenal match with her tonight!

6 comments:

Faridatul Bariza Binti Md Nasir said...

hey, nape tulis nih..ape da..i dun know how people watch football k..hehe..selama ni dok tgk kat kedai mamak jer so xleh nk cakap2..ni dah dok umah bisisng ar..nk dok diam bosan btl..hehe..

Dearests said...

Salaam. Weeknights got football? Ke you mean weekend? I conpuse!

Gunners, yeay!

Anonymous said...

hulo there..
this is my 1st time to comment here...
anyway,such a supportive wife u've got...
ok wat dia komen2 camtu,dr dia tdo!
hahaha...

wun said...

farisya: haha your comments hilarious ar, kene share what..

dearests: yup you're right...after posting the entry I meant to change it but got so busy that I thought of doing it later...last2 dah beraya satu hari baru ade chance..hee.

krsty: haha welcome! Yeah she is supportive...she is easily excited, so tak senang tido..hee.

heard you pun dah ngandung...have a fun and happy pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

hahaa...lawak la dia beb

Anonymous said...

i swear, i say half of the things that Farid said everytime i watch football. Which is, loosely translated, every 5 yrs, time world Cup. Last world cup i said 'alahai, dua2 teams ade laki hensem2, which one to support ni?' and 'alamak, laki hensem dpt bola, goal goal!!! Alamak, laki hensem team sebelah rampas bola..alamak!! nk support mane satu ni???!!!*squealed in pure agony*' hehe. And i think those who were with me nearly murdered me with the remote control. haha.