Praying for Brooke the 2nd

|
The official family car right now is a Perodua Kelisa. Not much of a family car now is it? Well it’s not. I’m grateful for that car - at least I have a transport to go to work and other places kan?

But since I have a child, the situation changes, drastically.

2 weeks ago (breaking the customary rule of pantang), we went to my aunt’s house in Shah Alam. I wanted to service the car so I don’t want to leave my wife and child behind. So we stopped by my aunt’s place since it’s near.

We have this carrier/car seat for Sofeah which is great. Light, considering other carriers and also very comfortable. However, it's quite big (as are other carriers). Therefore it takes up a lot of space in the car. I only realized it on our trip to my aunt's.

Then came last week. Me and hon bun decided to eat McD for lunch (quite unusual but none of us fancied cooking and wifey wants to get out of the house). Again we brought Sofeah -- of course -- and again the sight of the carrier taking up half of the back seat was an eye sore.

Surely something must be done. Why not get a new car?

That's my short term aim now. A family car is perhaps the right thing to buy at the moment. I am not quite settled on everything else, but safe to say, there's enough space to squeeze in a new car. I don't want to rely on the in-laws (the current car) now since I have my own means and I am quite confident of doing things independently.

But the problem now is the car itself. Which? 2nd hand or brand new? How big?

I'm thinking of buying a good solid 2nd hand car which is not too old (manufacture date wise) and yet affordable and I don't have to pay too much monthly. Probably a Malaysian made car is the only car which would meet that criteria for now - thus a Malaysian made 2nd hand car it is.

But I still have to wait till next year. If I get a good bonus this year then that would speed things up. If only the bonus is good this year (pray for me!!).

1 comments:

JoE (IzuddinE) said...

beli laaa Proton Saga or Proton Persona....beli 2nd hand car kadang2 takut bnyk problem...xyah beli yg fancy2....asalkan bagus utk family ok la tuh