24/7...Baby!!!!

|
I've not been updating my other blog because I'm not aware of the current political news. Also, I'm too busy with my Sofeah!!

It's official by the way, she's Nur Alya Sofeah Binti Muhammad Syazwan Rahimy. Cool, a person actually Binti-ing my name. The feeling is grand!

Baby really takes a lot of my time. But then again it's still early in the days and the routine is not really there yet. Some things need some getting used to while some other things are already a part of my life.

Waking up at night seems a breeze now. It's automatic. My movements are all set on cruise control. I sometimes don't even realise and would wake up every morning not as tired as one might think. I think it's natural. I mean, if people are too damn tired for it I don't think anyone would want more than one child.

As a father, I've felt things and emotions I've never felt before. I think things that I've never thought of before. I've done things I've only seen others doing. I'm planning things that I've never planned.

When the baby cries I feel bad. When the baby gets a little bit sick, I've never felt worst. When I see other kids on TV or anywhere I think about my own. Like yesterday, I saw on a documentary on diets (I'm not sure if anything on E! channel can be considered a documentary), and how the child died because of the father's insistence on giving the child same diet as his - a vegan.

I felt for the child. I worry for my own child. This feeling is overwhelming.

Just now, as I went to the government clinic to report my child (it's a procedure thing), I saw two kids running around while the father waits in the car. I thought, do fathers really want their child to be kidnapped or accidentally involved in some catastrophe? (an exaggerated word but I'm a father now and that's how I feel if something bad happens to little kids).

Sofeah is right now 6 days old, we have had some scares which I don't feel like expressing, but right now she's doing fine. She's a healthy baby and that's what matters the most. She drinks a lot from her mother (thank Allah her mother produces milk like a Nestle factory). She plays at times and sleeps most of the times. She has gained weight from the past 5-6 days - an impressive 200 grams.

She learns fast too. She can drink from both a bottle or the mother. Sometimes babies suffer from nipple confusion - when the baby drinks from one they refuse the other. But with Sofeah, as long as there's milk in it, give it to me. At night she prefers to sleep with the mother. If we turn off the light she will cry for milk. But she doesn't really want milk, she just wants to cuddle with her mum. She'll pretend drinking for awhile and then fall asleep. Cute ;p

I would rather her mum tell the whole story of Sofeah as she knows her better. Having pregnate her for 9 months, feed Sofeah with her own milk produce and also cry for the little things that the baby does or experience, I think she is the best women to describe Sofeah and tell things about her.

My wife is doing her best to recuperate and recover. So when she recovers fully I'm sure she'll tell it all. Right now, internet is something that she craves but limits herself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ehhh..bkn ke..Nur Angelina Sofeah Jolie-Pitt ke? ahahaha...