Happy Birthday To Me...

|
Yes I'm 23 years of age today and I don't think I look a year older than I was in 2007. But a lot has changed apart from that.

A year ago my status was still 'in a relationship' and not yet 'married'. A year ago I was still attending classes and did not have any income. A year ago I was staying with my mum and was lazing around most of the time. A year ago, I cannot even imagine having a child of my own, a child now named Sofeah.

I remember at about this time last year I just told my friends that I'm getting married and the shock on their faces were priceless. Mujahid and Zarep were talking about marriage and their 'plans' on their future and I suddenly bud in to say "by the way, I'm getting married on the 29th". They stopped their conversation right away and barraged me with endless queries - funny.

At the age of 23, married to a lovely lady and being a father are probably 2 of the best gifts I could ever ask for. I am thankful for the sheer loyalty and trust my wife has given me this past year (the 29th is our anniversary) and the effort she has put in, in order to make this marriage a blissful one for me thus far.

Sofeah is the best thing that has ever happened to me this past 23 years. I've had quite a hard time since getting married from being unemployed, a parasite of so many homes, having to deal with the wife's pregnancy and having nothing at all; Sofeah however has really shed light on all these hurdles and brought about the most invaluable reward a man could ever ask for in this world.

My colleague asked me this morning, how does it feel like being 23 (relatively young) and already a father. I had no answer for it. All I could say is, I feel alright. But now that I had time to think, the most appropriate answer for me would be: Sofeah makes me feel 12 and at the same time she makes me feel 50. With her I am both the youngest and the oldest at heart. She makes me feel special in a way that I am both matured and child-like. That's what makes her special for me regardless of my age.

Therefore, after 23 years living in this unpredictable world, I look forward to another 50 years (If Allah permits) of joy and happiness shrouded with unpredictability together with Faridatul Bariza and Sofeah and hopefully Sofeah's little brothers and sisters to come. Insya'Allah.

My Lovely Family...Love you all!

2 comments:

Shasha Dandelion said...

epy besday..semoga panjang umo,dimurahi rezeki..n thanx for da comment..mmg ssh nk lembutkan haty kawan wan tue..degil..huhu..

wun said...

Oo terima kasih...sabar jer...mmg di kalangan mereka2 ini (mungkin wan termasuk gak) ego tinggi...pastu min baru lagi dalam percintaan..heh