Faridatul Bariza is my Great Woman!

|

People say that behind every great man there’s a great woman. Behind every success there’s failure. Behind every heartbreak there is bliss. No actually the other two is just made up and is not at all relevant to this entry.


So anyway, behind every great man there is a great woman. This is what people say. Who are these people? I don’t know. I know people always say ‘people say’. Again I say people say to explain ‘people say’. I’m not making sense right now.


So to continue with the saying, I guess my wife is the woman at my behind. Okay, that doesn’t sound right. Let’s start again. I guess the great woman behind me is my wife. I’m not saying I’m a great man. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful with where I am right now but to say I’m a great man is just exaggerating my status. I’m an okay man. Behind every okay man there’s a great woman. That’s better.


My wife is an inspiration. She’s there when I’m sick, she’s there when I’m sad, she’s there when I’m lonely, she’s there whenever I need her. Of course, we stay in the same house and we’re married after all, so if she’s not there all the time with me then there’s an underlying problem. That’s beside the point.


Now my wife is pregnant and fasting.. I remember before this Holy month we tried fasting to train her. She had it bad. She was weak and unable. She had trouble breathing and was always pale. We tried a couple of days fasting, and even though she managed to complete both days she was a wreck. I thought I was living with Casper . Only that she’s a girl and doesn’t float and not annoying and she’s prettier. Okay she was nothing like Casper and I didn’t think I was living with Casper …It’s just word crapping…moving on.


But now, after 29 days of fasting, she completes every day with ease. If this is an ice skating competition she’d be soaring like an eagle. Okay that doesn’t make sense (…) She’s strong, she cooks after a busy day at work, she cleans, she rubs my back and tickle my neck (just wanted it to rhyme for no apparent reason - it did not happen…uhuk!), she goes to the bazaar with me, she buys groceries with me and so on so forth. She’s close to Wonder Woman except that she can’t fly and doesn’t wear skimpy outfits…in public. Hihi.


I am at awe with this woman. When so many other pregos (what I call pregnant women) lose the battle during fasting month, she holds her own and carry herself well. She even has the time to worry about the unborn child (what to buy, where to get, budget, etc.), about Raya (what to do, where to buy stuff, the open house, etc.) and also about her family.


This, people, is no easy feat. She is strong willed and determined. She wasn’t like this before. It all changed after marriage, as she is now more confident and more resolute than before. This in turn makes me a stronger man. I mean without her by my side, so many things I dream of doing would continue being a dream.. But with her around, all my dreams are turning to reality. All my goals are being checked from the list. All my aspirations are turning into certainty.


We have our ups and downs for sure, but most of the time she is kind enough and sweet enough to forgive if I’m at fault. I mean if she’s at fault I would not give her a chance in the world. I would batter her with guilt and play with her conscience. That’s why this entry is not about me. (Okay that was made up, please don’t believe me - this part only).


She is not just the great woman beside me, she is my Bonnie (of Bonnie and Clyde ), she is my Rachel (F.R.I.E.N.D.S), she is my Wan Azizah, I won’t go as far as saying she’s my Rosmah because that woman has some serious thinking to do.


A tribute to my wife, commemorating her for this joyful season of ‘Eidul Fitri. The first for us as husband and wife.


Thanks hon. Love you always and Selamat Hari Raya.


(I would sign here if I actually know how to do it digitally)

19 comments:

Faridatul Bariza Binti Md Nasir said...

thanks honey dgn pujian2 mu itu..terharu sungguh saya baca entry kali ni..sampai menitiskan airmata..xsangka u think that highly of me..love u soo much..muax!

diana ghazali said...

wow wee!!

diriku turut terharu dan hepi utk isterimu. sesungguhnya setiap isteri yg literate pasti mengimpikan si suami menulis kisah hidup mereka yg hepi dan sweet bersama agar si isteri boleh membacanya berulang kali dan menangis kerana terharu lagi dan lagi dan lagi...

:)

wun said...

farisya: i married u...that shows how high i rate you and think of you..love u too.

diana: haha wow wee!! tu cam seronok jer bunyi..isteri ni mmg snang terharu tu yg syok tu..sweet jer..hihi.

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10mg can i take 10 mg of diazepam - buy msj diazepam online

Anonymous said...

xanax cost xanax zolpidem interactions - drug testing xanax how long

Anonymous said...

ativan price ativan dosage dogs - ativan 2.5 mg online

Anonymous said...

buy valium online buy valium online from pakistan - buy valium online

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online efectos del valium diazepam - diazepam for dogs same as humans

Anonymous said...

diazepam for dogs diazepam 2mg leaflet - buy diazepam 5mg online usa

Anonymous said...

where can i order xanax online xanax side effects menstrual cycle - xanax extended release

Anonymous said...

ativan online price for lorazepam 1mg - ativan .5mg addiction

Anonymous said...

ativan for sale ativan dosage for the elderly - ativan visual side effects

Anonymous said...

order ambien online overnight ambien sleeping pills buy usa - ambien music radio online free

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol without prescription watson brand soma online - carisoprodol lethal dose

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10mg buy valium online europe - roche 10mg valium effects

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien sales 2009 - ambien sleep writing

Anonymous said...

buy soma online soma drug contraindications - somanabolic muscle maximizer login

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol without prescription soma drug from brave new world - carisoprodol vs baclofen

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online valium side effects and interactions - valium dosage for dental anxiety